With all of the sun, salt water, and chlorine this summer, your hair has had better days. Yes, summer is over and your hair is in need of some serious TLC! With that being said, there are some things that can be done to revive your hair. Are you ready for your post-summer hair care? Well, we have some suggestions to help you restore your hair to its bouncy, soft and vibrant state:
- 1.Clarify. Hair products, salt sprays, SPF lotions, and leave-ins have been building up in your hair all summer. Now is the time to clear it all out! You’ll want to start the new season with fresh, clean, and healthy hair. You can get your hair professionally clarified, or you can invest in a salon quality clarifying shampoo such as, Kenra Clarifying Shampoo. There’s nothing like starting off with a clean slate, and preparing for all of your fall favorites!
- 2.Condition. Summer days have come to a close and deep conditioning has your name all over it! Hot oil treatments or natural oils should be used to restore moisture in your hair. We recommend Macadamia Natural Oil. This therapeutic oil treatment is perfect for all hair types and especially beneficial to dry, damaged hair. A deep conditioning treatment is best after clarifying the hair. Your hair will be soft and supple, just the way you like it!
- 3.Warmer hues for a more vibrant you. Naturally, the hair is lighter in the summer and a bit darker in the colder seasons, which means you’re in need of a touch up. If you’re blonde, caramel and golden hues will give you a fresh glow. If you’re a brunette you can opt for natural looking high and low-lights. This fall, bronde (brown-blonde), ombre, baylayage, and platinum are all popular.
- 4.Get a trim. Split ends are definitely not included in your fall agenda. Schedule an appointment with your hair stylist to get any unhealthy ends trimmed off. You can try a new look, or just have the hair dusted. Dusting the hair is great if you don’t want to change the style, but want to achieve a fresher healthier look.
- 5.Moisturize. Since it’s no longer summer, you’ll be heat styling your hair more often. It’s important to have a good moisturizing product to keep your hair healthy and heat protected. Not to mention the months of hair static are upon us! Keeping the hair moisturized is a good way to battle each of the issues. You should opt for a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, as well as use a moisturizing hair mask once a week. We recommend ColorProof SuperRich Moisture shampoo and conditioner. Not only will it provide your hair with all of the moisture it needs, but also it is excellent as a color protectant! As for a good hair mask, we recommend Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask. This mask offers intense hydration for repairing and revitalizing effects, as well as brilliant shine.
With these hair tips you’ll have beautiful hair to match the new beautiful season. So, get out the jeans, riding boots, sweaters, blazers, and enjoy your fall! If you color or style your hair differently, make sure to tag us in your Instagram pic @GoodLookingDisc
The best part of summer is going to the beach. There’s nothing like having sun-kissed skin and beach hair. Unfortunately, more times than not, you leave for the beach looking like a goddess and end up looking like a hot mess. It happens to the best of us. Luckily, I’ve done some research on summer hair products that will [...]
There’s nothing like going to the hair salon and being pampered. However, it can end up costing over a hundred dollars, and sometimes we need that money for other things. If you read our last article on at home hair coloring, you’re now ready to explore your options. We composed a list of at home hair color products, based on [...]
Summertime is an invitation to lighten your locks, try new braided hairstyles, and let your naturally wavy hair loose. It’s your excuse to skip the blow dryer, or cover unwashed hair with a fashionable hat. You can finally get the beach hair with actually visiting the beach. The only thing holding you back is the humidity, UV rays, salt water, [...]
Whether it is reflected in our clothing, accessories or hair, style should always express personality. Here is a mini style directory for the newest bold hair color trends this season. Gone are the days when a haircut was enough to bring about a change in your look. A bright, sassy hair color is the key [...]
Good Looking Discounts is your premiere online marketplace for professional-grade hair care, skin care and body care. Founded in 2007, we are committed to providing the public with quality products at discounted prices. Our goal is to continually expand our inventory to better serve customers with the largest selection at low prices. Building and maintaining [...]